Camp Rainbow is opening for Summer 2021!
Camp Rainbow is a five-week day camp operated by the Arc of Genesee Orleans, located at 2272 Yates Carton TownlineRoad, Lyndonville, NY. We will be in session July 12th – Aug 13th. Camp sessions are for one week. Camp is open to all children 5 – 21 years old. Younger children must have finished their first year of elementary school. Campers over 16 must still be in school to attend. Camp will take place Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
What will your child do at camp?
- Each camper may receive two wholesome meals daily at no charge, through the assistance of the Summer Food Service Program offered by the New York State Department of Education.*
- With parental consent, children will enjoy free swim time under the supervision of a Certified Lifeguard in our beautiful in-ground swimming pool (0 – 4 ft. deep).
- Every day, campers participate in Arts and Crafts, Music, Nature and Science, and Athletics programming, under the supervision of a team of enthusiastic camp counselors.
- Our camp nurse is on-site at all times during the camp day.
- Camp Rainbow welcomes, and works closely with related service providers.
COVID Guidelines: Our goal is to run camp as close to a typical camp season as possible, however, know we will need to make some adjustments due to COVID protocols. Guidelines are forthcoming from the state and we will adjust our operations, as needed, to meet those guidelines.
Please find attached the 2021 Camp Application. All applications are due no later than May 21, 2021.
If you have questions or need assistance with completing or returning the application, please call Jenifer Batt at 585-589-5516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Rainbow, founded in 1970, is a summer day camp available to all children ages 5 to 21.
The Shenberger family generously donated the Lyndonville property that is home to Camp Rainbow. They wanted to help create a place where children with disabilities had opportunities for fun and interaction. Volunteers then spent hundreds of hours clearing the land and building the facilities.
While Camp Rainbow was originally designed to meet the needs of children with developmental and/or physical disabilities, it was opened up to all children ages 5 to 21 in 1992. Since that time, Camp Rainbow has encouraged friendships and understanding among children with and without disabilities as well to promoting integration and inclusion.
You may also contact Jenifer Batt at 585-589-5516 or email email@example.com to rent Camp Rainbow for retreats, community or family functions. We are currently assessing our plans for 2021 Rentals in in light of COVID guidelines. Please contact us for more information.
Camp Rainbow relies on the generous support of our community. Thank you—
Amgis Foundation, Medina Sandstone Society, Orleans/Curtis Foundation, Orleans County Child Welfare Association, United Way of Orleans, Orleans County Youth Bureau & NYS OCFS